Friday, October 23, 2009

Burning Life: only 3 days left!

It's hard to believe that there are only 3 more days left to see Burning Life; there are so many fantastic builds, and it seems such a shame that they can only be seen for such a short time.

I feel like I've seen only a small part of it so far. (Of course, that could be due to the fact I have my draw distance so low.)

Here are some more pictures at random, because if I try to document every picture and every build, I'll still be blogging Burning Life in December.

---------------------------------------------------

This pyramid looks fantastic from a distance, and on closer inspection you see that the center hole is surrounded by snakes playing instruments... a little twist on the whole "snake charmer" concept.

Below is a pic of Gulliver's Travel Scene as depicted by Ub Yifu and Copan Falta, with audio streaming by Reverend Upshaw. I took the shot from high above, but you will want to see the details. This build is absolutely an amazing!

Isle of Wyrms.

This dino does not look happy!

The Evolotion of Lighting, a Lamplighter tribute by Lilia Quinnell.

This fun interactive exhibit with particles and sounds reminded me of the I Ching...

... until I stepped in the middle!

The Burning Man in this pic doesn't show up as well as I had hoped, but it looked great.

This elven display is a drum circle under a giant snail rollercoaster. You ride through the tunnel on a leaf, it is probably the world's slowest rollercoaster ever, but if you make it to the end you get a gift, which is nice.

My apologies to those artists whose names I haven't credited. Readers, please feel free to use the comment section if you want to add information on any of these exhibits.

No comments:

Post a Comment